Who Needs Training?
Directors of Development…grant writers…executive directors…board members….
Almost everyone’s job in the non-profit sector require some understanding of fund development. These sessions provide the real-world approach and teach the fundamental skills that everyone who works in fundraising can benefit from.
Grant Writing Bootcamp
2 Day Intensive Grant Writing Class
This two-day project-based engagement course focuses on the essential knowledge and skills development staff need to develop effective proposals. Participants will become familiar with the key components of a competitive grant proposal and learn best practices for developing a well-organized budget and a targeted list of foundation funding prospects. Participants will be encouraged to approach their proposal from the funder’s perspective and to think critically about what makes a compelling pitch.
To accommodate diversity in learning styles, the two-day’s use project-based learning and include individual writing time, small group discussions and activities, peer review, and lectures.
- Individuals who want a thorough and practical introduction to the grant proposal writing experience
- Nonprofit professionals who have 1-3 years fundraising experience and want to hone their foundation proposal writing skills
- Individuals who want to shift to a career in fundraising or as a grant writer
- Consultants who want to expand their services to include proposal development
- Individuals who have government proposal development experience and want to add foundation fundraising to their organizational funding mix
- Develop selected elements of a proposal and letter of inquiry, and to improve online applications
- Use a logic model framework to craft key elements of a proposal
- Craft a budget that conveys an accurate picture of your project’s needs and value
Please identify a project you would like to fund. The workshop will include opportunities to draft a logic model, budget, and letter of inquiry that you can use to pursue funding for this project.
COST: $450 PER PERSON
LOCATION: LONE STAR CONVENTION CENTER YELLOW ROSE ROOM 3
DATE: NOVEMBER 14-15, 2019
BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH